Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 6: The Wish Project and Immersion

Today put the exclamation point on our trip. We spent the morning and early afternoon at the Wish Project sorting and bagging clothes in preparation for getting them in the hands of those in need followed by an 'Immersion'. Our Immersion was breaking up into two teams and then heading off into Boston Common. Our task was to provide dinner for ourselves and also for someone in need but only having two dollars per person. It was an experience I will truly never forget and seeing how everyone stepped up and let God use them to bless those in need was humbling. Today Chyna will share her experience and Pam will wrap it up:

Chyna: " today was such a powerful day I felt like I really grew into my faith more today finding out more about homeless people and knowing not to take life for granted because tomorrow is not promised. I was very happy that each group was able to feed a homeless person and that really touched my heart and not just mine but everyone else on the team too. When we return home for the drive tomorrow all I will keep thinking about is Jesus amazing love and how he works in mysterious ways God bless all of you, goodnight!"

Pam: "When God laid it on my heart to lead this trip with Rob,I never could have imagined the abundance of blessings that He would bestow. It has been a joy to see how each of the students have grown and shared their faith this week! They have stepped up countless times when it mattered the most and they were placed in the most challenging situations. I don't want to reveal their personal stories but I encourage you to ask them. I am sure they will be happy to share! they have been such a testimony! I promise you they have represented their families,their churches and their school well! I will never forget this week and I will be forever grateful that God saw fit to allow this 4th grade teacher the joy of taking a small part in training up these high schoolers. They are an amazing group of people! I look forward to seeing what God has in store for each of them! (hey guys...did I NAZ it?) ;)"



















No comments:

Post a Comment